Everyone seemed to love the photo of Amarula and her “prey” napping on the sidewalk together so much that it deserved to be art! This Caturday Art is in an oil-painting style — it makes the two sworn enemies almost look like friends! We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art blog hop (see below)
The Versatile Blogger Award
We also wanted to send a big thank you to our friends Kali and Shoko from the Canadian Cats blog for nominating us for The Versatile Blogger Award– Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Well as to choosing ONLY 15, most of the ones Zulu, Frodo and Amarula picked were already nominated! But we did want to send a very big shout out to 15 and Meowing and The Tabbies of Trout Towne. They were the first two cat blogs to ever follow Hairballs and Hissyfits and make comments! They will always have a special place in all of our hearts…We can’t even begin to tell them how much their supports means to us!
And here are seven things about us that you may not know:
- Amarula was a stray cat in South Africa and her human brought her back with her when she returned to Canada.
- Amarula was once actually friends with a basset hound and a lovely ginger cat who belonged to her human when Amarula first came into her life (they have since gone to the Rainbow Bridge).
- Zulu had a beloved brother named Biltong that mom misses very very much, as does Zulu. Biltong died of kidney disease before he turned three. You can read about him here.
- Frodo was not always allowed outside on supervised outdoor treks.
- Amarula had to be taught to use a litter box.
- Frodo loves babies.
- Zulu once challenged Amarula to a fight!
Thanks again to Kali and Shoko and all our new friends in the cat blogoshpere!